Frequently Asked Questions
The first thing to do is to contact one of our referral agencies for a referral. HACAP is a very thorough and quick referral agency.
The Hawkeye Area Community Action Program. Their website is hacap.org, their phone is 563-556-5130, and they have numerous locations in the area.
The first thing to do is to contact one of our referral agencies for a referral. HACAP is a very thorough and quick partner agency.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with order pick-ups from 1:00 to 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon with order pick-ups from 9:00 to 11:45 a.m.
- Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed
The Dubuque Food Pantry is located at 1310 White Street in Dubuque, and is near a Jule (public) bus stop.
Contact the administrator at your senior living center, and he/she can tell you if your center participates.
All items at the Dubuque Food Pantry are at no cost.
We follow the Iowa TEFAP Guidelines for eligibility.
You are eligible to come to the Dubuque Food Pantry once per month, regardless of any other place you may get food.
Yes, especially in the summer and fall months, we have a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables available.
Our volunteer shoppers can help you with your needs and point out items that will be best for yourself and your family.
- You can use the Donate Page on our website for monetary donations. We also take donations via credit card, by mail and in person, if you care to stop at the Dubuque Food Pantry.
- If you would like to donate food and household supplies, we take them at the Dubuque Food Pantry at 1310 White Street during our office hours, which are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and noon.
Absolutely! We are a 501c3 non-profit, and your donations are always tax-deductible.