Our mission is to provide food to members of the community who are experiencing food insecurity.
Our Vision for Now and the Future
Our Vision is to collaborate with other agencies in a way that improves the effectiveness
of food distribution, enhances clients’ dignity, improves nutrition, and responds to
special dietary needs.
The Dubuque Food Pantry was founded in 1974 in Dubuque by a non-denominational
religious group called DACU (Dubuque Area Congregations United).
Over the years, we have been in different and multiple locations at once
to serve the needs of Tri-state residents
In 2022, we moved to our largest and most centralized, streamlined location in the
home of the former Brannon Monument Company, at 1310 White Street in Dubuque.
We are affiliated with St. Stephens Food Bank in Dubuque, IA, which is the lead provider of food for our pantry’s clients.
We also gratefully receive food and other items through donations from churches and synagogues, colleges, schools, farmer’s markets, individual donors and other organizations.
St. Stephen’s is under the umbrella of the River Bend Food Bank located in Davenport, Iowa.
River Bend Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the largest organization in the United States who focuses on hunger relief.